CALL FOR ARTISTS
Seeking up to (6) artists to create large, full-color soft pastel or chalk paintings during the 2018 Silver City Blues Festival.
- Murals will be located on reserved areas of concrete in Gough Park on Friday afternoon, and both Saturday and Sunday of the festival.
- Kneepads and a new, full box of quality pigment chalks will be provided to each participant at no cost.
- Available sizes are 3x4 feet or 4x5 feet, and it is requested that you create your piece in one or more sessions during the same day while Gough Park is populated with festival attendees.
- Space is limited, so please submit a concept sketch, your preference of which day you would like to participate (May 25, 26, or 27), and preferred size of 3x4 feet or 4x5 feet.
Please submit proposals and contact information ASAP up until Wednesday May 16.
CALL FOR ARTISTS
The Southwest Print Fiesta’s signature event, Steamroller Printing is coming to the Silver City Blues Festival. We are seeking select artists willing to carve their original design into a 9x12 inch unmounted linoleum block for live relief printing on T-shirts with a small steamroller in or near Gough Park.
- All “family-friendly” designs will be considered, except for themes or text that directly relate to the Blues Festival itself.
- Shirt designs need not fill the entire 9x12 block, but cannot exceed that size.
- Unmounted linoleum (and carving tools if needed) will be provided in advance of the event at no cost.
- Inking and printing will be done live and on-site by MRAC staff on Saturday, May 26.
- A limited number of participants will be accepted.
- It is required that you complete the carving of your block by Friday, May 25, in preparation for printing.
Please submit a concept sketch and contact information ASAP up until Wednesday May 16.